by Julie A. Holmes
This is a story of inspiration and determination. How mentoring someone can change their life, and give the mentor unbelievable, unimaginable reward/satisfaction. One woman’s story of her fork in the road opportunity because of her Mentors – Edith Whitfield Seashore and Charles Seashore
Julie A. Holmes has been a consultant in the Organization Dev. Field for over 25 years. This is her story about how she discovered O.D. and the life-changing meeting with her Mentors – Edie and Charlie Seashore.
How an hourly worker, in a non-traditional role: Cable Splicer, can find their light that shines within them, and not feel like they are an outsider watching good things happen to everyone else.
- Be open to an opportunity.
- Have a desire, wish, idea about who you could be if…
- Recognize that a path may be put in front of you, and you only have to take the first step.
- Trust, and hearing from someone credible, that you are good, and could be successful at what you want to do.
- Being persistent, and not giving up on your dream, or yourself.
- Loss and Recovering
- Finding purpose in what mentors taught
- Paying it forward in ways that make sense for you.
Women who are working twice as hard or more to be noticed at work as a valuable contributor; Men who need to recognize when women are working at a higher level but not seen as the same as male co-workers in the same job; anyone who wants to hear a really good story; anyone who wants to try to find that drive, desire, or dream for themselves and re-energize their feeling that they can do it; those that have also been mentored by Edie and Charlie, and remember how they met.
Pay it forward
Help people recognize a Mentor, or becoming a Mentor to someone.
Honor my mentors
Dedicate this work to Edie and Charlie.
Provide a springboard for telling many
Hopefully this will open up avenues for telling as many people this story, particularly women, to help inspire, mentor, and build confidence to take a chance on yourself, and dispel negative “tapes”.
Publisher: DMMSI Associates, Inc